Welcome!

This page is for Mommies everywhere who want to cook and serve delicious meals to their families but not spend hours in the kitchen. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family has. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Broccoli Side Dish

I don't know about you, but I can't stand soggy, bland vegetables for my side dish. YUCK!  I love crunch, color, and taste!   Try this one if you are looking for a quick, easy side that packs a punch in flavor.

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.  Wash and cut your broccoli while it is heating up.  Toss your broccoli in olive oil (choose your poison...I always use extra virgin olive oil). Place in a baking dish.  Sprinkle the broccoli with some kosher or sea salt, toss.  Place in the oven for about 10 minutes.  I usually take mine out when I hear a nice sizzle.  This side is great for a quick dish, and you can improvise.  Like a little cheese with the broccoli?  Add some parmesean cheese.  Like a little kick?  Thrown in a bit of minced garlic.   The possibilities are endless!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment